Sunday 19 June 2011

The politically incorrect burger.


The mystery of the lentil and bean seeds was solved today.  It’s Father’s Day in Chile and Indiana gave me a photo frame decorated in lentil and bean seeds that her friends gave to her.  I’m not sure if we’ll be able to get it through customs when we go back home.
Truce had made a love heart key ring with her photo in the middle.  Both gifts are hanging in the bedroom so I can see them all the time.





Talluah always spoils me with a cooked breakfast on special days. We are yet to find hash browns here so Talluah set about making her own ones from scratch.  If only every weekend was like this.


A student told us about a restaurant named El Guatón.  The best translation I could find was the Fatty but I think you get the picture.  We ordered the El Guatón burger that turned out to be very disappointing.  Though it is mammoth and would feed a family of four it has an excessive amount of avocado and tomato between three slices of bread with meat on two slices of bread.  They do make great chorrillana there and we’re slowly learning how to order simple hot dogs for the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment